Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I Can Do Sixth Grade Math

I Can! Check List
6th GRADE MATH: WE CAN!

Quarter 1
1. I can find the mean, median, and mode of a set of numbers.
2. I can read and create a stem and leaf plot.
3. I can use data to make predictions and learn info about a group of numbers.
4. I can complete missing values in an input/output table.
5. I can analyze an input/output table to find the rule of the table.
6. I can read, construct, and answer questions about bar graphs.
7. I can read, construct, and answer questions about line graphs.
8. I can read, construct, and answer questions about circle graphs.

Quarter 2
9. I can construct angles of a given type (i.e., acute, right) or measure.
10. I can prove that two shapes are congruent.
11. I can describe shapes with line symmetry and draw lines of symmetry.
12. I can describe shapes with rotational symmetry & state degree of symmetry.
13. I can construct 2-D representations (top, side, front) of a 3-D shape.
14. I can plot coordinates [example: (-2, 2) (4, 4)] on a graph.
15. I can predict the points formed by coordinates on a coordinate plane.

Quarter 3
16. I can find the greatest common factor of two or more numbers.
17. I can find the least common multiple of two or more numbers.
18. I can break down non-prime numbers into prime numbers (factorization).
19. I can find numbers that are divisible by other numbers.
20. I can define and give examples of prime numbers.
21. I can compare and order fractions.
22. I can compare and order decimals.
23. I can compare and order percents.
24. I can compare and order fractions, decimals, and percents.
25. I can add and subtract fractions with like denominators.
26. I can add and subtract fractions with unlike denominators.
27. I can multiply and divide fractions.
28. I can add and subtract decimals.
29. I can multiply and divide decimals.
30. I can convert fractions into decimals and percents.
31. I can convert decimals into fractions and percents.
32. I can convert percents into fractions and decimals.
33. I can determine when it is appropriate to estimate or compute exact answer.
34. I can find the probability of simple events.
35. I can find the probability of simple compound events.

Quarter 4
36. I can estimate the area and circumference of a circle.
37. I can find the area and perimeter of regular polygons.
38. I can find the area and perimeter of complex polygons.
39. I can solve algebraic equations for a single variable.
40. I can interpret and solve algebraic equations involving two variables.

No comments: